Personal + Brand = ?
I like to think of Personal Brand as a sum of:
Knowing yourself + Believing in yourself + Expressing yourself
Believing in yourself
- This is the cornerstone of personal branding
If you don’t believe in yourself, you’ll be hard to follow
- Confidence on its own is not enough, Tjump without the ropes, you my friend needs courage.
It starts with an intention
- Why this, why you, why now.
- It’s that thing that sits in the back of your head that you keep on resisting but it keeps on showing up on the surface.
- What are you interested in?
Authenticity Originality & differentiation
- What makes you, you?
- Speak your truth
- What’s your tone of voice? (empathetic, kind, rebel, daring, provocative, shy, gentle, pirate! etc.)
- What do you want to sound like?
- How do you want to show up to the world?
- That’s your signature and it has to be memorable
Your words -> Influence (fame)
- Influence is not about shouting: “here I am look at me!” it is a gentle whisper that says: “I know you were looking, and I see you too.”
- Influence is about creating a union, a community, an impact, a tribe.
- Are you being relevant? are you staying on top of mind?
- Like Tara Lafon Gooch says: TOMA (top of mind awareness)
(I might be adding to this post over time, so keep an eye on it)